We currently have a vacancy for
HV protection Design Engineer
The HV Protection Design Engineer will report to the Technical Director and will be responsible for the design of Power System Protection and Control Schemes for EHV projects, from 11kV to 132kV. In addition to this they will take a leading role in the Technical team and shall ensure the quality and consistency of the team output in the production and control of drawings and technical documents.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
The candidate must have experience in the production of designs, calculations, reports & drawings associated with EHV projects from 11kV – 132kV covering primary design, secondary design and protection & control.
This will cover the production of design documentation, earthing studies, system modelling, protection design, grading studies, cable calculations, busbar calculations, P28 and G5/4.
The candidate will preferably be from a power engineering background and have good communication skills. In the role they will be expected to produce CAD documentation For Construction, and As Builts. Additionally they will be responsible for managing the developing the Technical Team inline with the current business plan.
The candidate must be enthusiastic, mature enough to operate in a diverse team and work without full time supervision.
Role definition and person specification
- Assist in the development of team specific standards to ensure the consistency of the output.
- Ability to take ownership of and sign off designs.
- Provide a technical interface with 3rd parties.
- Understanding of DNO standards.
- Experience in software packages such as ETAP, DigSilent, PSS/E, ERACS, CDEGS etc.
- Experience in CAD packages such as AutoCAD.
- Be proficient with associated technical specifications from clients such as National Grid, SSE, Scottish Power, UKPN, WPD, ENWL etc.
- Good computer and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Good attitude to obtaining new skills and capable at transferring existing skills to overcome new challenges.
- Must be competent at creating and laying out quality drawings that contractors, suppliers and fabricators can understand.
Qualifications and training
- Minimum HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Ideally CEng status, or working towards.
- AutoCAD experience
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for talented team players to join us.