Due to a strong order book of upcoming works, we are seeking a new member in the technical team. This is an exciting period for EAST, as we are growing and the role offered is a long term opportunity for progression.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing and managing electrical and civil designs on a wide range of electrical infrastructure & connection projects up to and including 132kV. The candidate will also be required to liaise with all project stakeholders, acting as a technical specialist to ensure the successful project outcome and that designs are fully compliant to statutory regulations, relevant industry standards and Customer requirements
The projects will be a mixture of contestable connections and private networks, candidates will be required to have strong knowledge within both of these areas.
While this role is ideal for an experienced HV electrical engineer who can demonstrate the criteria and has worked on grid connection and infrastructure projects, the candidate must also be aware of the civil aspects of these projects and the inherent interfaces with the electrical works
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar roles, up to and including 33kV design.
- Good understanding of the UK new connections industry, i.e. role of an ICP, IDNO, DNO and Customer within the projects.
- Producing and compiling detailed electrical, protection, civil and earthing drawings/documents for approval by the appropriate DNO or IDNO.
- Specification of high value switchgear and apparatus for projects procurement.
- Fully proficient in the use of AutoCAD software and office software such as Word, Excel, etc.
- A good understanding of Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations and general H&S awareness, including compiling design risk assessments.
- Strong ability to schedule and prioritise own workload to meet tight timescales and deadlines.
- Review Customer tender documents and support estimating team at bid stage to offer value engineering
DESIRABLE SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience of specialist earthing design software packages.
- The ability to produce protection settings and write relay programme scheme logic.
- Experience of specialist power system modelling software packages.
- Working knowledge of Amtech LV design software.
- Experience producing P28 and G5/5 power system studies
- Producing detailed electrical, protection, civil and earthing drawings/documents for 132kV substation construction projects
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply, please submit your CV and a brief covering statement to:
Michael Potter CEng MIET