Due to continued growth within our O&M department we are looking for a Project Engineer to join the team. The Project Engineer role carries a dual responsibility – being an operational SAP at 11kV/33kV as well as project management of operations, maintenance and remedial works.
Location is a factor in this vacancy and we will be looking for someone based within either the Midlands, Yorkshire, Northern England or Central Scotland.
Key responsibilities include
- Inspection and Maintenance of LV/HV Substation equipment.
- Protection Testing.
- HV/LV jointing including specialist cable terminations.
- Troubleshooting/fault finding.
- Installation of switchgear and transformers.
- Testing of Earthing and associated equipment.
- Produce remedial works quotations.
- Compile Work Packages, Job Instructions and RAMS.
- Coordinating the work of technicians and sub-contractors.
- Manage individual project resource allocation.
- Ensuring that individual projects meet safety requirements/regulations.
- Ensuring that individual projects meet technical system performance requirements.
- Planning and executing of HV Switching, isolation, earthing up to 33kV.
- Ensuring safety from the system – issuing of permits and safety documentation in accordance with company/customer safety rules and operational procedures.
- Testing installations and systems, analysing test data and compiling test reports.
Suitable candidate will have:
- HNC in Electrical Engineering ideally in Power Distribution, or the equivalent.
- Experience in Private Networks and or the Renewable Energy sector.
- Current operational authorisations at 11kV and 33kV.
- Familiarity with all relevant current Health & Safety Legislations.
- GWO Certifications for onshore wind farm work.
- Emergency First Aid & Manual Handling.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Good IT skills.
If you are interested in finding out more about this role and having a discussion, please submit your interest with a copy of your CV to our HR team – Jayne Spicer – firstname.lastname@example.org.