Due to continued growth we are currently looking to recruit for another HV Technician to join our business. Ideally based in the south east the Technician will work as part of the Project team. The projects being worked on include new connections at 11kV and 33kV as well as HV/LV installation jobs across a range of sites such as industrial, manufacturing, wind solar, AD and battery storage. All of this work is spread across the whole of the UK, so there will be a need to travel and at times stay away from home during the week.
- Installation of LV/HV Substation equipment
- Installation of Multicore cables and associated equipment for protection and control systems
- Transformer Tails/Terminations
- HV Jointing and Terminating – 11kV and 33kV
- Installation of Earthing and associated equipment
- Adhere to Company Rules / Health and Safety / Environmental Standards and Practices
- Work as part of a team on site, in line with Project Engineers instruction and the work pack.
- Attend training and continuous development opportunities as required
- Promote a positive company image to the client
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation, an understanding of the importance of Health & Safety in the industry including CDM
- HV Industry Experience
- Current HV Authorisation – at technician or jointer or fitter level 11kV and 33kV private networks or DNO.
- Emergency First Aid & Manual Handling
- CSCS / ECS Card
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- City & Guilds Inspection and Testing
- ONC/BTECH – Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- MEWP Licence
- Scaffolding (PASMA)
- Track record of experience in industrial electrical engineering and installation
- Ability to read electrical drawings and flow diagrams
- The ability to work effectively within a team.
- The ability to promote a positive working culture within the team, ensuring health and safety, workmanship, attention to detail and development of the business at all time.
- The ability to analyse complex problems and assess possible solutions.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
If you are interested in this role please submit your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.